|I predict a large amount of vegetable-related farming in my future…|
It occurs to me that I have placed scant little thought to the question of what EXACTLY I am going to do once Pandaria goes live.
For many people the answer is simple: you level to 90, you do all the dungeons, then you try and beat all the raid content. This is (of course) all very well and good but news emerged yesterday that the amount of XP you’ll actually need to progress from 85 to 90 from the beta has been increased by an estimated 55%. With the emphasis very much on using questing to gain reputation, a part of me is wondering how practical it will be to try and cover every single quest in every zone before moving on. This is before considering the need to gather raw materials for crafting… In fact, the more I think about it, the more options are available aside from simply doing a quest ‘grind’:
- The Jade Forest (already regarded as a bottleneck) is teeming with skinnable mobs. I could simply skin for a few days and have done with it, although this is not the best XP gain ^^
- I could bring in a miner/herbalist and simply XP via gathering.
- Similarly, I could XP purely via Archaeology, assuming the big numbers I was seeing in early beta remain constant.
- I could get to 86, go start a Tiller’s Farm, and never leave, save for the occasional bouts of fishing :p
- I could forgo levelling altogether and simply focus on Pet Battles until I was at a high enough level to capture and battle pets in Pandaria.
The fact I can sit and consider five different alternatives to simply going out and sticking my nose to the Quest Grind keyboard comes as a welcome surprise. I am going to be spoilt for choice, which means that I could utilise more than simply a couple of alts in the early weeks to act as more than raw material feeders. On top of the requirements of basic XP there are other issues to be addressed: the changes to feasts, the location of specific crafting recipes for raid readiness, the use a Farm will be to long term progression across the family, the specialisation (possibly) of one alt simply as a Pet Battler… suddenly my head hurts with all the potential possibilities.
Clearly what I need to do is make some decisions. Fortunately the overriding advantage of letting a million or so people beta test your product is the sheer weight of information ‘out here’ with which to prepare with, and that is what I intend to do over the next few weeks. Needless to say, my results will be posted here, and hopefully this will help you to make your important choices in reference to where you go and what you one Pandaria finally goes live…