|I always liked the place…|
Patch 5.0.4 is on the PTR. This means, at some (as yet undetermined) point in the future, a ton of stuff will change FOREVER. Without an indicator of when this will be, it would be easy to simply sit back and not worry about what is about to happen, but we don’t do that at ALT: ermative Towers. We like to be PREPARED.
Bearing this in mind, here are 10 things we think you should start considering:
1. Read the Patch Notes. Here they are. No really, read them. This isn’t just any old patch, after all…
2. Update your addons, especially if you’ve not done so for a while. Yes, there’s a good chance they won’t work come the patch, but the more up to date everything is, the less chance summat really old will break the game. Time to make sure your favourite patch site/programme is still working/being updated. There will be some fundamental changes to the UI this time around, so if you are using unit frames that haven’t been updated for a while, it might be an idea to start looking for an alternative.
3. Achieve/visit/complete stuff that might disappear once the patch hits. Without spoiling too much, I’d really recommend doing the quests in Theramore if you haven’t done so/would like to complete them. Other places that will be changing significantly come Pandaria include Scholomance and the Scarlet Monestary: if you’d like to go do those whilst they still remain ‘as is’ this might be a good time (as it’s quiet.)
4. Sort your bags out! 5.0.4 introduces AoE looting. I, for one, will be actively testing just how much more effective this makes grinding. I’m betting I won’t be alone either. You need lots of space for all that loot!
5. Forget Grinding for Head Enchant Rep. They’re all gonna vanish. Even the old ones. ^^
6. Hunters no longer need a melee weapon. Bye bye, great transmog potential :/
7. Wand Transmog becomes a ‘Thing’: ‘Ranged weapons, including wands, have been adjusted to be more powerful.’ Time to pay attention to the wee stick slot a bit more than you were previously :P
8. No More Relics Anymore: ‘The slot in which ranged, relics, and thrown items were previously equipped has been removed. All weapons should now be equipped in the weapon slot.’ If you’re sitting on a pile of these, time to sell them ^^
9. Learn all your Glyphs. ‘The glyph system has been updated. Many class glyphs have been added, altered, or moved to different glyph types. Prime glyphs have been removed.’ If you want to know what changes and what gets trashed, this list is for you. (thanks to @TheOvercut for the tip) The basic gist is simple: it might be a plan to learn all your glyphs before the price skyrockets [*], which is very likely.
10. Don’t spend any more money on Pets or Mounts. Your collections are consolidated pre-Expansion. This is not the time to be starting that second Netherwing Reputation Grind… ^^
[*] Your server experience my vary.